KOVAR Donates Bakery Ovens to Innisfree Village

innisfree-village-09-12-2016_01

KOVAR donated Bakery Ovens to Innisfree Village. Residents are enjoying the ovens and producing delicious bread as shown in the pictures below.     About Innisfree Village: Innisfree Village is a fully licensed, residential community with adults with intellectual disabilities. Founded in 1971, this nonprofit, nonsectarian community is located on 550 acres in the foothills […]

Continue reading

$20,000 Grant to Alleghany Highlands Community Services Board

Grant to Alleghany Highlands Community-9-11-2016

$20,000 grant to Alleghany Highlands Community Services Board   During the KOVAR Regional Training in Southwest Virginia on September 10, KOVAR Director Don Feick recognized Grand Knight Tom Sellinger of John C. Webb Council #12134 as the honoree for a $20,000 grant to Alleghany Highlands Community Services Board. The grant will be used to renovate […]

Continue reading

KOVAR Grants to Greater Richmond ARC

greater-richmond-arc-06-29-2016

The Virginia Department of Rails and Public Transportation FTA Section 5310 program provides 80% of the funds to purchase wheelchair accessible vans for organizations that serve people with disabilities. KOVAR has awarded multiple grants in the past twenty years to Greater Richmond ARC to cover the remaining 20% of the funds. As you can see […]

Continue reading

A KOVAR Grant Issued to Rappahannock Rapidan Community Service Board

rappahannock-rapidan-community-service-board-01-31-2016

A KOVAR grant was recently issued to Rappahannock Rapidan Community Service Board. Photo (left to right): Brian Duncan, Executive Director of RRCSB, Alan Anstine, Chairman, Board of Directors of RRCSB, and Ed Seroskie, Sr., member of the KOVAR Board of Directors. Description of Grants: Rappahannock Rapidan Community Service Board, Remington Home Corporation, Orange Group Home […]

Continue reading

Folding Machine for Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, Inc.

rappahannock-goodwill-industries-kovar-grant-01

KOVAR purchased a folding machine for Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, Inc. to allow more employees to be trained and given jobs in Fredericksburg. Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, Inc. employs over 89 individuals with intellectual disabilities. They were seeking assistance to train and employ even more folks, the KOVAR grant allowed them to do that. Additionally, because they […]

Continue reading